CCTV news
CCTV Technology News & Society
Go Back   CCTV Forums > General Security > Home Security

Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Do you lock your doors?

I usually lock our doors, It's only me and my 18 months old son in the house during the day. One time there was a man who knocked at our door when I look out the window, I saw him pointing at something at our front lawn. I sat down and didn't pay no more attention my daughte (9) asked who was it? and I said a stranger, She said "Let's call 911", I guess after hearing my daughter say that the guy left. The scary part was that when I watched our local news that evening, They were showing a photo of a man wanted, suspected for shooting. I trembled and sat down on the couch, The man that knocked on our door earlier looks like the man on the photo. I can't forget that.
prue187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

I have a latch lock on my front door, so whenever it is closed, you need a key to get in from the outside. I also double lock it at night or when I go out, just for that extra security!

I don't have a garage, so I always lock my car. It's quite old though, so I doubt anyone would want to steal it anyway!
ale_jrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

I have lived in different types of neighborhoods. When I lived in an apartment complex I always kept my doors secure because there was always so much traffic back and forth with strangers.
spieler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

I try to always lock my car doors when I get home. I go to work really early in the morning and am always worried about someone hiding in my car. We lock our house doors and night and if I am home alone during the day I also try to keep them locked. It's too bad you have to worry so much about this stuff nowadays.
jemoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

It's funny where I live ...we don't always lock our house doors but when it comes to car doors, it just depends on where I am ...there are some towns around that I wouldn't think of leaving doors unlocked and others where I can leave the keys in the car.
vicki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

I always lock my doors, even if my car is in the garage. I guess that I'm just paranoid.
ohioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

I tend to not lock my doors when my car is parked at home. I often do not when I am out either. I do lock my house doors pretty much at all time.
fitnessk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

Of course I do. You won't lose anything if you do so anyway so might as well be safe even at your own home; right?
juol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

I do lock my doors when I go out it brings peace to know everything is locked away saftly. I dont think poeple should lock themselves in thou as this is your home why should you not feel safe?
Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote